Monday, January 9, 2012

The Father of All Buns

''Papparich: The Father of All Buns.''

I agree - the buns are absolutely great! It was my first time going to Papparich today, and I am sure it is not going to be my last time. We got one chocolate bun and one milk bun for about $5 total. They were soo warm and fluffy! The first bite was like heaven: the milk bun was just a little crispy on the outside, and the empty center made the bite down seem like me eating a cloud. It was not overly sweet, and you could barely taste the butter (it made the center even softer). I love butter, and I even picked the buttery part out to just put in my mouth. Gosh, it was so good. 

A few minutes later, I tasted the chocolate bun... Guess what? I liked the chocolate bun even more!!! It was extra crispy, and it only tasted a little like chocolate. I think they just put a chocolate layer over their original bun to make the bun taste chocolatey, but I don't even care! It was PERFECT. It wasn't even my bun, but I wanted to gobble it all down :( 

Despite how much I like Paparich, I would prefer if they had better customer service. It seemed as if the two young workers there were just talking talking talking. I guess it's understandable, since there seemed to be no business haha. At least the girl was nice! I'm still a bit disappointed that the only desserts they have are the cookie sandwiches and signature buns... More varieties please?

Address:
 100 W. Green St., Pasadena, CA 91105
Phone Number:
626-440-0009
Hours:  
Mon-Thu 6 am - 9 pm
 Fri 6 am - 11 pm
 Sat 8 am - 11 pm
Sun 9 am - 9 pm

Additional info: You can park on the "90 minute free" parking lot on Green and take 5 minutes to walk to Papparich, or just park on the streets. It's usually easier to park on school days. They also have outside seating, so it would be great going at night.


-J 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment